#NA-04-16 Wellbeing at Work: An Introduction
About CourseCoventry University
Explore the theory and importance of good wellbeing at work
Why is employee wellbeing important? How has employee wellbeing previously been defined and what is its impact on our working lives?
Get answers to these questions and more on this course, exploring key definitions of wellbeing at work. You will consider the reach of theoretical approaches to wellbeing from occupational psychology and explore both positive and negative aspects of workplace welfare.
You will also be introduced to methods of assessing employee wellbeing, gain an overview of the key issues related to wellbeing at work, and consider the factors affecting wellbeing.
- The historical context of wellbeing and existing definitions
- A brief overview of theoretical approaches to wellbeing in occupational psychology
- A brief overview of wellbeing across individuals’ working lives
- The positive and negative aspects of wellbeing at work
- The key issues around wellbeing for employees, managers and organisations
- A brief overview of factors affecting wellbeing
What Will I Learn?
- Explore the historical context of wellbeing and existing definitions
- Critically evaluate theoretical approaches to wellbeing in organisational psychology, relevant to wellbeing
- Discuss the impact of wellbeing on individuals’ working lives
- Identify the positive and negative aspects of wellbeing at work
- Assess the key issues around wellbeing for employees, managers and organisations
Topics for this course
The importance of wellbeing at work
Expert interview: Wellbeing at work00:05:11
Introducing wellbeing at work
A definition of wellbeing
The hedonic and eudaimonic approaches to wellbeing
Positive psychology and wellbeing
The changing work environment and employee wellbeing
A brief overview of theoretical approaches to wellbeing
The job characteristics model
Job demands-resources model (JD-R theory)
Affective events theory
Wellbeing and working life
Positive and negative impacts of work on wellbeing
Health and wellbeing across the life-course
It is packed with lots of useful tips and information, the instructor is obviously very knowledgeable and an excellent communicator, and the overall quality of the course is suited to working professionals.
A very timely course which addresses the needs of people like myself, who have recently started working from home due to COVID-19, and are feeling a bit worn out and unsure of how I should be managing my time/workload.
I wanted initially to use the course to help me be more effective in managing my own team.... It certainly delivered everything I needed plus more!
He's inspiring. The anecdotes were applicable and the general course allowed a rethink of how we can choose to do life in a better way.