#BU-04-47 Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
About CoursePurdue University
Learn how to create a more inclusive world
Many things contribute to an individual’s identity, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, education, and political beliefs. These things, and more, are what make each of us different. So how can we learn to embrace these differences, and celebrate them? Or to put it in a different way – how can we explore and welcome diversity?
This course will help you develop your knowledge and understanding of diversity, equipping you to create more inclusive and open environments that are welcome to all.
- Phases of diversity dexterity
- Attitudes, skills, and knowledge supporting diversity
- Unconscious biases
- Ethnocentric and ethno-relative mindsets
- Elements of diversity and inclusion
What Will I Learn?
- Describe stages of diversity dexterity
- Explore attitudes, skills, and knowledge supporting diversity
- Evaluate unconscious biases
- Investigate ethnocentric and ethno-relative mindsets
- Engage elements of inclusion
Topics for this course
Defining comfortable diversity
Constructing the meanings of differences
Mindset of polarization
Tools to manage diversity
Attitude of openness
Skill of empathy
I appreciated the structure of the course and it has given me more confidence to go further into my development within this field.
For work cultures to be successful, Managers must broaden their perspective so they SEE EVERYONE AS DIVERSE and important to be included.
It was great for reinforcing what I already knew and understood to be Inclusion, Equality, and Diversity.
Great information and breakdown of topics for beginners.