#IT-03-22 The Cyber Security Landscape
About CourseCoventry University
Develop your knowledge of cyber security in today’s world
Cyber attacks have major implications for individuals, governments and businesses. No one can afford to be complacent about cyber security.
This course introduces some of the most significant issues, challenges and opportunities shaping today’s global cyber security landscape.
You will explore emerging cyber security risks, types of cyber attacks and the impact that they can have on organisations, and the specific threats posed by new technologies.
- Current and emerging security implications
- Networks and security, loss of the traditional LAN and LAN perimeter
- Consumerisation of corporate technology through apps, tablets and smartphones
- Client-side threats, web-server security, web-applications security
- Operating system security
- Concepts, problems and issues related to modern technologies
What Will I Learn?
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of relevant knowledge about organisations, their external context and how they are managed
- Demonstrate an understanding of the changing cyber threat landscape and the developments in cyberspace
- Apply knowledge to a range of situations including IT security, finance, accounting, and organisational behaviour, taking account of the inter-relationships of these topics and their interactions with the business and the industry and external environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of appropriate techniques sufficient to allow detailed investigation into relevant cybersecurity management issues
Topics for this course
The cyber security landscape
The cyber security landscape00:02:44
How is the cyber security landscape changing?
Getting the most out of your learning
Cyber security and types of threats
Cyber security and your responsibilities
Cyber threat: malware
Cyber threat: ransomware
Types of attackers
The impact of cyber crime
UK government response to cyber crime
How big is the problem?
How are companies affected?
Really good course for beginners. Thought provoking and a great source of resources to help you have a more secure digital life.
The concepts were clearly explained throughout the course and it was refreshing too.
This course is good for beginners since it contain very basic knowledge about Cyber Security , its terminologies and little knowledge about how to keep yourself safe on Internet.
It has given me a wonderful understanding of the fundamental before going into the more advanced sections of security.