#IT-03-15 Learn to Code for the Web
About CourseUniversity of Leeds
Experiment with coding in different programming languages
Ever thought about learning how to code? Now’s your chance to learn the languages of the future.
You’ll also have the opportunity to try it for yourself by applying your new coding skills to a project of your own.
What Will I Learn?
- Summarise the structure and terminology of the internet.
- Experiment with the code of existing web pages using browser developer tools.
- Produce basic HTML (with guidance) using browser-based tools.
- Produce basic CSS (with guidance) using browser-based tools.
- Describe how real-world sites and apps build upon the basics.
Topics for this course
Welcome to the course00:02:22
What is the internet and how does it work?
What happens when you visit a web page?00:03:44
What happens when you search for content on the web?
Do you speak code?
Coding language basics
Why is it important to know coding?00:05:12
Your progress so far
Investigating source code
How do ‘everyday’ web pages work?
Styling web pages
What is CSS?
Manipulating CSS with developer tools
Preparing for next
Lecturer Tom Armitage did a great job on the course. I loved it. It was great.
In this course, I learned to innovate and apply my new coding skills to my own projects to try it by myself. It was so interesting and I enjoyed it very much.
I have always been interested in programming. This course has given me a lot of details about programming, which is a very good course.