Introduction to User Experience Principles and Processes
About CourseUniversity of Michigan
Discover UX research and design tools and learn the value of user-centred design
On this UX course, you’ll be introduced to key topics in the fields of UX research and design, and build your skills and understanding of UX.
Learn how to do effective UX research and conduct UX interviews
Led by experts at the University of Michigan, you’ll learn exactly what’s involved in conducting effective UX research.
You’ll learn about the process of conducting UX interviews and evaluating and analysing products and systems using the core principles of good design.
Discover the art of UX sketching
As well as exploring the role and skills of UX researchers, you’ll have the chance to learn about UX sketching and prototyping for developing new design concepts.
As you explore the fascinating the work involved in UX Design, you’ll discover new design solutions and learn how to create UX prototypes at different levels of fidelity (different stages of intricacy).
Explore UI design Heuristics
This UX training course will also enable you to probe deeper into design principles as you learn about design heuristics and how they should impact the UX design process.
Through an exploration of the different phases of UX research and design, this course will ultimately enable you to discover how to learn from inevitable design mistakes, improve on them, and work towards creating a product with a great UX.
- What is UX? What are UX Research and Design?
- UX Design Overview
- How Do People Perceive Information?
- How Do People Act in the World?
- Design Heuristics
- Heuristic Evaluation and Course Wrap-up
Who developed the course?
What Will I Learn?
- Explore the skills needed for UX research and design
- Assess user needs and assess possible designs
- Perform a micro-usability test
- Reflect on how UX designers use sketching and prototyping to develop design concepts
- Explore how to incorporate a user-centered focus into the design process
- Describe the key features of human behavior and their impact on the design of interactive systems
- Apply techniques for critiquing and designing interactive systems based on human capabilities and behavior
Topics for this course
Welcome to Introduction to User Experience
What is UX? What are UX Research and Design?
What is User Experience?00:11:44
The UX Process00:08:29
Components of UX00:08:55
I was able to understand UX as a tool for designers but also because I feel I was able to improve my skills to make designs easy to read and friendly for users besides all the areas that I learned through the course.
It's very in-depth, nothing is rushed or assumed, great practical examples and assignments, and the instructor is well acquainted with UX knowledge.
The course was easy to understand for a beginner like me. The content was very well taught and paced. The interaction and feedback the course provided was outstanding.
It's well structured, with a clear learning progression and with totally appropriate exercises that allow you to consolidate what you learn in each video.