#IT-04-07 Introduction to Databases and SQL
About CourseRaspberry Pi Foundation
Learn about databases and how to use SQL to search and manipulate data
On this course from the Raspberry Pi Foundation you’ll learn what databases are and why we use them, exploring how to use SQL to search and manipulate data.
Along the way, you’ll learn about primary keys and table relationships, as well as how to create joins to search multiple tables. Finally, you’ll finish by grouping and looking at exporting data from the database.
Learning about databases and SQL is a key component of GCSE Computer Science, so it’s important for educators, students, and parents alike to feel confident about the subject.
What topics will you cover?
- What are databases used for?
- Why use a database or a spreadsheet?
- Create SQL statements to search a database
- The role of primary keys
- Add data using SQL statements
- Apply relationships to tables within a database
- Use joins to search across multiple tables
- Group data in a database
What Will I Learn?
- Produce SQL statements to search and update a database
- Explain the comparison of databases to spreadsheets
- Apply filters in SQL statements
- Demonstrate how to use SQL statements to create relationships for tables in a database
- Produce SQL statements to search across multiple tables
Topics for this course
What is a database?
Welcome to the course00:01:42
Meet the team and your fellow learners
Why use a database?
Explore a database
Explore a database00:01:56
The make-up of a database
Adding data to a database00:02:45
Databases in society
Databases and spreadsheets
Your own database scenarios
End of course00:00:31
This course teaches you how to be flexible with spreadsheets using databases or spreadsheets. I think it's something that everyone has to learn.
Although I really want to learn the course of database well, I find it difficult to learn because the course of database is quite boring. This is not so boring.
Very helpful information. The lectures are not long, to the point to keep, and keeps you focused.
It is the bestest platform to learn a particular course so engaging, I completed everything in span of 2 days thank you so much !!