#IT-02-04 Creating Apps in the Classroom
About CourseQueensland University of Technology
Learn how to create apps to use in your own teaching practice
There are many educational apps available, but the majority are created by non-educators.
Platforms for developing apps are becoming increasingly user-friendly, so it’s easier for teachers to create apps to support their own classroom activities.
In this course, you’ll learn how to play a more proactive role as an app creator. You’ll learn how to create at least five pages of a simple app that can be used to demonstrate how content, technology and pedagogy are related.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to use an app creation site to design and develop a sample app.
What topics will you cover?
- Why use digital technologies in the classroom
- How content, technology and pedagogy are related
- How other educators have engaged with app creation activities
- How an app works
- The process of creating an app
What Will I Learn?
- Explain the interconnectness between content, technology and pedagogy
- Describe in general terms how an app works
- Design a simple app using a set of instructions
- Explain how teacher-developed resources open doors for entrepreneurship
Topics for this course
Teaching and technology
My journey with technology00:03:02
Meet your educator
Impact in your classroom
What does the research say?
Teaching with technology
It's a great course, but it would be nice if it could be developed as a case study for a particular app
This course taught me how to make an app that I wanted. It was great.
The course points out a great theme in how to create applications to be used in your own teaching practice and is very practical.
The course is very good, it is also being updated as I saw today. It is perfect for both beginners and users of MS Office. I would recommend it