#IT-02-31 Creating a Great User Experience for Mobile Apps
About CourseUniversity of Leeds
Explore the core principles behind user design and user experience
News, shopping, banking, social media; most of us have multiple mobile apps on our smartphones, but how are they made and what makes a good one?
Dive into the world of app design with the Institute of Coding and learn how to create a great user experience.
You’ll hear from industry professionals on how they go about designing and building apps for their users.
You’ll also have the opportunity to produce clickable prototypes from your own sketches and create your own app.
- How a smartphone works
- The features that make a phone interactive
- Looking for problems to solve with apps
- Designing an app
- Testing an app
- Meeting an app development team
Who developed the course?
As one of the UK’s largest research-based universities, the University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group and a centre of excellence for teaching.
What Will I Learn?
- Identify the features of a smartphone that influence the design of an app.
- Describe how interactive and visual features contribute to great user experience of apps.
- Discuss the various roles and stages necessary to make a mobile app.
- Identify and describe a simple problem that an app could solve.
- Design screens and architecture of a mobile app using pen, paper and your own smartphone.
- Produce clickable prototypes from your sketches and test them.