#IT-03-33 Create Expressive Videogames
About CourseUAL Creative Computing Institute
Explore the theory and practise of independent videogame creation
On this course, you’ll learn both the artistry and technique needed to create brilliant games. You’ll discover how to critically analyse decisions made in published games, and code along while we make small games each week to build your toolbox.
By the end of the course, you’ll have the skills to start constructing your own project, and take your videogame making further.
This courses uses an explicitly intersectional feminist framework of game design and analysis. It emphasizes the creation of small independent games that allow developers to talk about their experiences.
- Principles of intersectional feminist game design
- Game development in Unity
- The process of creating a game
- Diverse perspectives on working in and producing games
The UAL Creative Computing Institute (CCI) offers innovative new courses, research opportunities and a public platform to explore computer science and creative practice.
What Will I Learn?
- Discuss and analyse existent games and their design decisions
- Design and refine game ideas
- Develop a game in Unity
- Explore and express ideas and emotions through the medium of games