#BU-04-61 Business Management: National and Organisational Cultures
About CourseCoventry University
Have the chance to develop your understanding of intercultural communication
On this course, you’ll be encouraged to delve into the concepts of national and organisational culture, and get the opportunity to build and improve upon your management skills.
You’ll be taught the theory behind effective national and organisational cultures and will be asked to apply these theories to international business case studies.
You’ll consider how different approaches of culture might affect the operation of international business and have the chance to explore the challenges and opportunities of managing an intercultural organisation.
- Introduction to culture
- Theories of national and organisational cultures
- The relationship between the two
- Case studies of national culture and organisational culture
- Problems caused by culture and current challenges
- Links with the Principles for Responsible Management Education
What Will I Learn?
- Assess and analyse the concepts of national and organisational culture
- Describe culture within a business context
- Demonstrate different theoretical frameworks around national and organisational culture
- Explore different case studies to validate the proposed theories
- Identify some of the challenges and opportunities that culture brings
Topics for this course
Welcome to the course
What will this course cover?
What kinds of problems can be caused by cultural differences?00:04:17
Getting the most out of your learning
What is culture?
How can you define culture?
Dimensions of culture
How does culture affect our behaviour and how we interpret the behaviour of others?00:02:46
Introducing Hofstede’s national cultures
Reflecting on national culture
Hofstede’s national culture dimension
Exploring different dimensions of national culture
What is organisational culture?
Case study: Tesco’s organisational culture
How do companies use organisational culture to achieve their goals?00:04:27
What are the differences between national and organisational culture?
This course is a good way to improve readers' understanding of cross-cultural communication by presenting theories of national culture and organizational culture.
This has forced me to consider how different cultural approaches affect the operation of international business and has given me the opportunity to explore the challenges and opportunities of managing cross-cultural organisations. Great course, worth learning.
This course allows me to learn the theory behind effective national and organizational culture, see different international business cases, very practical courses, I like.
The course leads us to an in-depth study of the concepts of national and organisational culture and gives me the opportunity to build and improve my management skills. It's a great course.