An Introduction to Computer Networking for Teachers
About CourseRaspberry Pi Foundation
Learn how you can create connections with computers
Explore the fundamentals of computer networking with this online course for teachers. You will improve your understanding of key concepts and gain the confidence to teach the subject in the classroom.
On this course, you will learn to describe the different types of computer networks and understand how data can be transmitted securely. You will cover real world usage of networking technology to enhance your understanding. You will also become more familiar with how the internet works, including routing, DNS, and the World Wide Web.
- Networks and architecture
- Transmission of data and network protocols
- Secure transmission of data
- Internet including routing, DNS and the “World Wide Web”
Who developed the course?
The Raspberry Pi Foundation works to put the power of digital making into the hands of people all over the world, so they are capable of understanding and shaping our increasingly digital world.
What Will I Learn?
- Discuss types of network, advantages and disadvantages and general architecture
- Describe transmission of data (ethernet, wifi) and network protocols (http, ftp, etc)
- Explore how data can be transmitted securely
- Apply knowledge of real world usage of the networking technology
- Describe the internet including routing, DNS and the “world wide web”
- Explain how data is encapsulated in an IP packet and a data frame for transmission