#TE-02-17 Leadership Theory: The Basics
About CourseCoventry University
Learn the basics of leadership theory
On this leadership course, you will be introduced to the theoretical underpinnings of leadership, different styles of leadership and their respective strengths and weaknesses.
You will have the opportunity to learn the differences between management and leadership and will investigate in detail the ethical issues that surround the issue of leadership.
- The fundamentals of leadership: what is the evolutionary process of leadership theories?
- What are the major conclusions of the trait theories?
- The skills approach to leadership
- What are the major conclusions of the behavioural theories?
- Identifying the major components of the contingency theories
- Transactional and transformational leadership
What Will I Learn?
- Differentiate between leadership and management
- Critically analyse the trait, skills, style and contingency theories of leadership
- Appraise the strengths and weaknesses of the different theories of leadership
- Investigate the different types of leadership and their implications for organisations
Topics for this course
What is leadership?
Definition of leadership
Is leadership the same as management?00:02:38
Leadership styles: Lewin
Approaches to leadership
Identifying the major components of contingency theory, as well as leadership skills, are well worth learning, and the instructor goes into great detail.
My favorite part of the course is what is the evolution of leadership theory, which is really good, really good.
This course introduces us to the distinction between management and leadership and will examine in detail the ethical issues surrounding leadership.
In this course, I learned the theoretical basis of leadership, different leadership styles and their respective strengths and weaknesses. It's a great class.