#HC-04-65 It Starts with Your Heart: Understanding Heart and Circulatory Diseases
About CourseBritish Heart Foundation
1 in 4 of us die from heart and circulatory diseases in the UK. Lets change that
When was the last time you had a conversation about heart or circulatory diseases? They are the world’s biggest killers but we don’t often talk about them. We want to change that. People are often surprised to hear about how diseases like coronary heart disease, stroke, vascular dementia and their risk factors like diabetes are connected. This course will help you learn more about what these diseases are, the effect that they have on your body and how our pioneering research is taking us closer to a world without them – helping you to have conversations that have the potential to beat heartbreak forever.
Please note that this course was last updated in August 2020. All of the statistics referenced in the articles are up to date. The videos however were filmed in 2018 and some of the stats that are referenced are now out of date.
- Explore what heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors are
- Understand the impact they have globally, in the UK and in our community
- Explore how these diseases are connected by your circulatory system
- You’ll also get a taste of how our research is beating heartbreak forever
The British Heart Foundation raises money to fund research to keep hearts beating and blood flowing. Their vision is a world without heart and circulatory diseases.
What Will I Learn?
- Explain what heart and circulatory diseases are
- Describe how these diseases are connected
- Discuss the risk factors that lead to heart and circulatory diseases, and what you can do to help beat the heartbreak that they cause
- Explore how research is looking to find better ways to prevent, treat and cure heart and circulatory diseases