#SS-03-01 How to Succeed at: Interviews
About CourseThe University of Sheffield
Why join the course?
Being offered an interview is exciting but can be quite daunting. On this course, our experts from The Careers Service here at The University of Sheffield will make sure you are prepared for the big day.
If you’re still at the stage of writing your CV and submitting applications for a job or course, join our course How to Succeed at: Writing Applications.
What topics will you cover?
Preparing for interviews
Dealing with nerves
The practical details
Making your research count
Anticipating key questions
Dealing with interviews
Creating a positive first impression
What to wear
Using your voice
Getting to grips with interview questions
Brilliant questions to ask the interviewer
Handling different types of interview
Successful telephone and video interviews
Tests and exercises
Leaving a positive impression
What Will I Learn?
- Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course
- Apply best practice techniques to enable you to tackle interviews for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses more effectively
- Identify what recruiters are looking for by researching an organisation or institution thoroughly, and identifying what skills and attributes recruiters might be looking for
- Identify what questions you may be asked at interview, and how to approach answering different types of interview questions
- Develop a better understanding of your strengths, skills and key selling points to tackle interviews with confidence
- Develop an understanding of different types of interviews, from telephone and video interviews, to non-standard interviews, and how to tackle them
Topics for this course
Preparing for interviews
Welcome from Katie00:00:00
Getting to know you
Getting ready for the day
What concerns you about interviews?
Thorough preparation does work
Making your research count00:02:10
Research an organisation or institution
Skills that employers look for00:03:08
Try to anticipate questions
Dealing with gaps in your application
Analysing a sample job or course description
Some final thoughts00:00:48
The course content is very clear and practical. Exactly what we need for an interview. I am very satisfied with the explanations and the approach. It is perfect for anyone aspiring to attend an interview. Many aspects that I was not even aware of I know now. This will definitely help in my next interview.
Very well done. Another awesome course. This is worth every penny. I have always been good at interviewing, but I believe this will make me a much stronger candidate. Thank you for doing what you always do.
This was a fantastic course. Very informative! I am currently preparing for job interviews and one of my challenges were explaining myself and negotiating salary. I was so excited that these topics were part of the course.
This was a splendid course. Thank you for all the helpful knowledge with plenty of reference material to go back to. I highly recommend this course.I HIGHLY and HONESTLY recommend this course to all those who would like some great success tips and an insight into the head of a future employer.