#BU-02-87 Digital Skills: Web Analytics
Explore the world of web analytics and develop skills to grow your career
What is web analytics? And why are web analytics important? With this course, you’ll explore some of the fundamentals of this increasingly popular skill and learn how to apply it to your own online business.
You’ll begin by looking at the basics of web analysis, including the different types of analytics and what they’re used for, before exploring some key areas in more detail.
Examine the importance of business analytics
As you work your way through the course, you’ll focus on how organisations and individuals can benefit from learning analytics.
Running a successful online business often requires a good working knowledge of web analytics, and here you’ll look at some of the essential processes for measuring objects and outcomes. You’ll also learn how web analytics skills can help you to continually improve your product or business.
Discover the power of web analytics tools
You will discover the powerful ways analytics tools can be used, examining concepts including segmentation and benchmarking, and exploring the five steps to creating a measurement plan. You will also learn the processes involved in creating a successful online business, including measuring objectives, outcomes and continually improving.
Learn the basics of how to use Google Analytics
As you round off the course, you will learn how to apply web analytics in a business setting, looking particularly at Google Analytics for beginners. You’ll learn how to use Google web analytics for a variety of business-related tasks
- Explore different types of analytics and why they are important for business
- Review the processes, including measuring objectives and outcomes, to continually improve your product or business
Who developed the course?
Accenture Digital Skills is a free, interactive series of courses which help and prepare people to build the digital skills necessary to gain a job or start a business.
What Will I Learn?
- Describe what analytics is
- Explain why analytics is important for business
- Identify the different types of analytics including descriptive, diagnostic and prescriptive
- Describe the various web analytics processes and metrics used to measure online success
- Describe the segmentation process and explain why it is a useful analytical technique
- Identify the challenges faced by businesses in getting the right data
- Describe what Google Analytics is and explain why it is a useful tool